Deepesh Divakaran has written a great article on how to install JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0.2 Standalone using Oracle Universal Installer (OUI).
- Go to http://edelivery.oracle.com and sign in with your Single Sign On id registered with Oracle.
- Accept the Terms and Restrictions
- Search for Product Pack – JD Edwards EnterpriseOne & Platform – MS Windows 32bit
- Now from the search results select “JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 Application Update 2 Media Pack”
- The only issue is that the whole download is nearly 5GB. Download the first 4 Files as shown in the screens, for those who do not want languages, else download the last 4.
- Now, Unzip the first 2 zip files into a directory say – C:\Standalone_9.00
- Unzip the last 2 zip files into the C:\Standalone_9.00\ThirdParty\ORACLE folder
That’s it. The installation files are ready for you to start. You can also go through the Oracle Supporting Document for the installation steps, which are amazingly simple and easy. Please read through the MTR’s before you install. If you have Visual Studio 2003/2005/2008 installed, the JDE.INI will automatically update with the settings for Building BSFN’s etc.
- Launch the InstallManager.exe . For those on Vista or Win7, right click the InstallManager and select Run as Administrator.
- Click the “EnterpriseOne E90 Standalone – OUI 11g”. This will take you to the Oracle Universal Installer
- On the OUI Welcome screen, click Next
- Accept the Licence Agreement
- Select Database Engine and click Next.
- For the Database Installation enter the following and click Next (for explanations on these read the pdf)
- On the Installation Summary page, verify the settings, and click Install.
- This would take a while. On completion, click the Exit button.
- Restart your Machine.
- Verify if OracleE1LocalTNSListener and OracleServiceE1LOCAL are started in your windows services (services.msc)
- Again start the InstallManager.exe (for Vista or higher select Run as Administrator) and redo through the steps from 1 to 4
- Select the EnterpriseOne Client radio button, and click Next.
- Select Development Radio Button if you want to modify or build the E1 objects. Else select the Production Radio Button.
- On the Specify Home Details page enter the following and click Next (for more explanations read the pdf)
- Select the DEMO package, and click Next.
- On the Summary verify, and click Install.
- The Best part about this is that the JDK, Webserver, VC++ redistributable and all are installed automatically.
- Once completed click Exit.
- To start the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne DEMO click – (for Vista or higher )
Start > All Programs > Oracle – JDE_Standalone_Home
- Most probably you will have a Desktop icon pointing to the activeconsole.exe
- Give about 30 secs for the jdenet_n.exe to start and access the services.
- That’s it. Login with DEMO – DEMO and you are all set.