This is no ordinary Tools Release! With all the changes, this should really be called TR 9.2.0.
Lets start breaking this down a little
- A new look, called Alta (see image above). This brings JDEdwards more in line with the rest of Oracle’s application offerings with the same look and feel.
- Server-only packages and the Primary Server
- Recent Breadcrumbs: You can view breadcrumb history which is available even after you log off/on.
- Email and Calendar Integration: Personally, I think the advantage of this feature will really be for user support rather than user collaboration.
- Simplified Navigation: seems to restrict users to just using E1Pages for navigation.
- Clustering for Outbound Business Services
- In-Memory Merge to Tools 9.1.5 Code Line
- Application Stack Service for Mobile Applications Development
Net Change for Tools Library, Release 9.1 Update 5 (OTN)
Required Components for installing 9.1.5 (Doc ID 1943409.1) including a table of ESUs required to take advantage of the new features.
9.1.5 Known Issues and Workarounds (Doc ID 1945082.1)
In-Memory Tools C API Reference (Doc ID 1952465.1)
OTHER 9.1.5 docs about changes:
- Where are the Navigator, Fast Path, Personalization and Roles options in Tools Release 9.1.5 (Doc ID 1950336.1)
- 9.1.5 Server-Only Package documents:
- Server Only Packages Functionality – From EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.1.5 Onwards (Doc ID 1947622.1) – a presentation from INFOCUS on the new package build process is linked from this document
- FAQ, Known Issues, and Troubleshooting Server Only Packages Functionality – From EnterpriseOne Tools Release 184.108.40.206 Onwards (Doc ID 1950295.1)
- SRDC – Data Collection for Troubleshooting a Package Build Issue with Tools Release 9.1.5 Enhanced Package Build Process (Doc ID 1931514.1)