Customize The Alta Look & Feel Of Oracle EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.1.5

Customize EnterpriseOne Tools Release 9.1.5

At the company I work for, we like to customize some basic things on the user interface of Oracle EnterpriseOne. The most important part of this modification is to better indicate that the user is signed into a non-production environment by changing the header color. With Oracle’s release of Tools Release 9.1.5, EnterpriseOne is now using the Alta UI framework. This brings E1 more inline with Oracle’s other software offerings. This change has caused us to redo our UI customizations and also look at how we are doing them.

Since we have 7 separate installations for 7 different companies/industries, we also like to modify the logo in the upper left corner to display our companies’ names. In the past, I would have created at least 3 sets of modified files (1 for each environment). That’s 21+ sets of files because some of the companies have more than the standard 3 environments. You’ll notice from the image above that I changed the header color to purple and the corner image to some text.

Since I work in IT and can’t stand repetitive tasks, I don’t like having different files for different companies.  Also, it would be much easier to maintain and easier to remember to make the modification when upgrading, if the companies could all just use the same files.

So, to make that happen, I modified the e1.js file. This file is located in a directory on your JAS Server similar to the following:

I tried to use some comments within the Javascript, but if you need some help, either let me know or contact your friendly neighborhood web developer and they should be able to walk you through it and make any changes that you would like.

Stewart Schatz

Owner of 9Rains Technology Oracle EnterpriseOne CNC Administrator for The Washington Corporations Owner/Operator of several websites including: E1Tips.com & Bakken-Jobs.com Location: Missoula, MT USA What I like to do: Spend Time With Family, Coach Basketball, Hunt, Hike, etc.

More Posts - Website

TwitterLinkedInGoogle Plus

9 Responses

1. Joel Schipper
    Joel Schipper at | | Reply

Thanks for the illustration – my first glimpse of Alta UI

2. Andrew
    Andrew at | | Reply

Thank you for your post!

I have tried to do this without success:
    -Do I need to restart the web instances affected for this to take effect? Or maybe WLS cache?
    -Also, I’m interested only in changing colors for diferentiating enviroment. Can I use only the section for detecting the enviroment and changing it?

Thank you!

3. Andrei Balan
    Andrei Balan at | | Reply

Hello,

If you need to change just the colour of the website – this is the one you need to modify – in server manager:
    /u01/jde_home_1/SCFHA/targets/HTML_DM920_BMS_CNC_AIS01_1096/owl_deployment/webclient.ear/app/webclient.war/share/css/webclient.css

change the oracle default – #1e4a6d with the one that you want – example RED – #ff0000 – then start/restart the weblogic and hit on your browser CTRL-F5 to get rid of the cache and load the clean new colour.

If you just want to test without having that after the restart you can modify the wls file while wls is running –
    /u01/Oracle/Middleware/Oracle_Home/user_projects/domains/E1_Apps/servers/JASWLSDM/stage/HTML_DM920_BMS_CNC_AIS01_1096/app/webclient.war/share/css/webclient.css

This will change ALL the colours of that precise instance… including first page and subsequent E1Menu.maf pages…

Cheers,
    Andrei

4. Girish Gosyne
    Girish Gosyne at | | Reply

Hi, after logging into JDE (after the login page). I want to change the words that say “JD Edwards” to say “JDE QA” at the top left near the logo. What element/where can I change that?

Would that be the “topnavOracleBranding”?

Thanks in advance for your help and post. I have been able to modify what I needed from this post and Shannon’s post.

1. Girish Gosyne
      Girish Gosyne at | | Reply

It was actually Sot13 in the file – D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\E1_Apps\servers\JWB01P_PDCMSAU_94\stage\JWB01P_PDCMSAU_94\app\webclient.war\WEB-INF\jsp\maflet\DropdownHttpMafletWrapperHeader

5. Vince Bennett
    Vince Bennett at | | Reply

Hi Stewart, the code works great. one question though, I cannot get the color to stick when opening up a “openAppInNewWindow” situation. Any thoughts?