Make sure all your security is in place before user training. This sounds like a “no-brainer” but believe me – do it.
During our most recent “go-live”, the security function was in the hands of the Accounting Department. Which, really wasn’t a big deal. I mean, they are the ones that know the app. So, why not have them setup security for it. It all worked out really well, except that the security was not completed before the day.
It caused a little bit of confusion and some frustrations but we went through it just fine. One of the things that I learned during that time was that BSFNs do not always give you an error that says anything about “security, permissions or access”. The only thing that is evident to the user is that it doesn’t work. They receive an “Asynchronous Business Function” error.
What a mess. No other hint as to what may be happening. Just start removing users from roles and see which one causes the issue. Then work from there to find out which security record is the issue.
So, again, have all your security in place before user training. That way everything gets tested before “go-live”.