This is old news to many, but I have recently needed to go through this process again and had a heck of a time finding documentation on it. So, this is now my documentation on how to add an iSeries job queue to Oracle JDE EnterpriseOne.
- Login to the IBM iSeries server as ONEWORLD
- Use DSPSBSD QBATCH and choose option 6 to get the next available sequence number. You may need to page-down see the last entry.
- Press F5 twice to get out of the DSPSBSD program and back to the A98OWMNU.
- Choose option 11 to Create Job Queue
- Enter the name of your new job queue and the next open sequence number that you found earlier.
- Use command ADDJOBQE to add a job queue entry to an active subsystem.
ADDJOBQE SBSD(QBATCH) JOBQ(R4164) MAXACT(1) SEQNBR(170)
- CHGJOBQE will permit you to make changes to the job queue’s description, i.e. maximum active jobs.
- Use the DSPSBSD command to verify that the previously added job queue is recognized by the subsystem and have been setup with a max active job of what you indicated in the MAXACT parameter.
Like I said. Most people probably know this already, but I just needed a place to put it so that I don’t have to search for it next time.